Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My 7 Habits Bulletin Board

This will be in the hallway as you come into my classroom.
 I did a test run at home to see how it will look. I am writing this down, so I don't forget how to set it up at school.  I will post a picture of the finished product next week.
The title will be:  We S.O.A.R with the 7 Habits or Sixth Grade can SOAR with the 7 Habits
The idea was to create a visual bridge for students who are used to following SOAR, while at the same time, merging those ideas with the principles of the habits.
- Show a Positive Attitude
- Own Your Actions
- Always Do Your Best
- Respect Others & Yourself

Each large circle will have a habit written on it.  Example: 1. Be Proactive
Next smallest circle will have the habit in "kid speak."  Example: You're in Charge

The smallest circles will each have one of my home room student's name on it. (I have 32 in case some move away or some move in)
Around the tree I am going to display quality student work.

I love it.
Everything is made from scrapbook paper, which happens to be reversible, so I can slowly flip the circles over in the fall to create an Autumn tree!!  Notice there are a few bluebirds also, which is the school mascot.

No comments:

Post a Comment