Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Life, Day 2 as a REAL Teacher:

I am in love with life presently. I know this is ridiculous, but I am giddy over my bookshelf, my white board, my partition, my trash can (thank you Mr. Frank) and my eight little chairs. I love my teacher's edition, my pen with a flower on the end, and most, most, most of all my NEW STUDENTS. I have 3 K's and 7 5th graders. I pulled them into groups for the first time today. I have a little file for each, all their scores, and my own stash of tiger bucks to pass out for good behavior. This is like playing school, but way more serious because I am responsible for helping these kids get back on track in reading. I LOVE THIS!!! I love all the teachers who have been so helpful and welcoming. This is a very nice way to ease into a full blown teaching career. I get to practice with small groups and make a REAL difference in their lives. I cannot seem to express how excited, grateful, and happy I am at this moment.

Best thing of all, all day yesterday and today, people keep asking me, "Who are you here for?" I keep answering, "me!" and I keep thinking "my kids!" I have NEVER subbed for myself before now - pretty funny. I think I will be all official come Monday as the recommendation has already been put in.

1 comment: