Monday, November 14, 2011

The List

I'm making a list of all the teachers who profoundly impacted my life (there are more, but these are the big ones)Then I want to write a thank you note to each one. Others challenged me in special ways, but these are the ones who really made a BIG difference.

Mrs. Scrotenboar - Life long love of learning and teaching.
Mrs. Johnson - Love of teaching and of being valued.
Mr. Mosely - "I think the best, therefore I am the best" Really pushed me and believed in me!!! Thank you forever and ever. I needed you so much then!
Mr. Oberlin - Encouraging me to succeed and gave me a job!
Dr. Dunkum - Changing my mind about math.
Mrs. Cherry "I'm not building a "something" here, I'm just me." Humble and FOR REAL!
Mrs. Smith This will be a novel!!!
Dr. Judy Davis - Affirmation that it is SUPERB to remain on the side of ALL students. Love them, know them, walk in their shoes.
Mrs. McCrary "I know you know you're good, but I don't think you realize just how good your are." Real world. Once they own it, it will be their's for a lifetime. Don't settle for anything less than your very best!
Mrs. Riedel Get ORGANIZED!!! Thank you for such a FINE example of how to do this!
Anne Heintzman This gratitude will be a novel!
Steven O'Nan So will this one.
Mrs. Brenda Roberts Evan and Jordan's teacher whom I love with all my heart.
Ms. Erin Gruwell - Model for courage, thinking outside the box, taking risks, not giving up, raising the bar, believing in my students.
Mr. Harry Wong - How the heck you get all that busy stuff under control so you can teach. Thank goodness.
Dr. Jukes - All heart.
Dr. Evans - It is more than okay to think outside the box..."Sounds like a win-win, go for it!"
Dr. Steven Covey - Principles to live by. Thank you.

I'll add more later. This will help me get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment